Framing at Taylor Landing!
Over the past few weeks we’ve begun framing at our Fraser Valley project we call “Taylor Landing”. It’s been exciting to see this home take shape and we are pretty happy to be finished the often wet and muddy foundation work. Soon the main floor walls will be going up and trusses will follow shortly!
A Step Code 5 High Performance Home
This High Performance Home is Step Code 5. Step Code refers to the steps of performance targets in new construction making homes more energy efficient. Step Code 5 is the highest level of energy efficiency in Step Code and means that the home is Net Zero Ready. The goal of Step Code in British Columbia is to have all new buildings Net Zero energy ready by 2032.
Features in this High Performance Home
Taylor Landing will feature many High Performance Home items:
- Heat Recovery Ventilator: We call it a Fresh Air machine. It provides 24/7 fresh air and regular climate control
- Insulated Concrete Forms: Also known as ICF, this foundation will keep the home more quiet, comfortable and energy efficient a home built with a traditional foundation
- Exterior Continuous Insulation: We will wrap the exterior of the home in a special exterior insulation before we apply the exterior cladding. By doing this we block any gaps that result in mold and air leakage.
- Rainwater Harvesting: Rainwater harvesting can be used for sprinkling lawns and irrigation, flushing toilets, washing cars, and laundry. There are four 1,700 gallon tanks in this home.
- Solar Panels: These panels will take energy from the sun and convert it into clean power for the home.
- Geo Exchange: The geo exchange system uses the energy of the sun, stored in the earth, to keep the home comfortable all year long.
- Radiant Floor Heating: Radiant heating has a number of advantages. It is more efficient than baseboard heating and usually more efficient than forced-air heating because it eliminates duct losses. People with allergies often prefer radiant heat because it doesn’t distribute allergens like forced air systems can.
Contact Us for Information!
If you are looking for more information on building a High Performance Home, please don’t hesitate to contact us! We believe you will “Live Better in a High Performance Home”.