Exciting possibilities accompany the second half of life. The children have left home and you are facing the reality of a new life season.
Many couples are ready to downsize when the kids leave home. However, entertaining friends, weekly family dinners, and space for visiting grandchildren are still a very high priority! Master bedroom on the main floor, laundry room conveniently close, and open spaces for visiting guests are more important than ever.
“Aging in Place” is simply defined as the ability to live in one’s own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably, regardless of age, income, or ability level. When we design a home we often encourage our client to consider future needs. While the season of life that requires additional home support may seem a long way off, we may make suggestions during the design phase to ensure you are able to live in your home as long as possible.
The ranchers we design and build specialize in one level living. At the design stage we carefully consider your unique needs for designing a home that will be suitable for you for many years to come.
- If you wish, we will design a specific closet that could later be incorporated into an elevator shaft in the event a wheel chair is brought into the home.
- Typical doorways are 36” as opposed to 30” to allow plenty of space for moving furniture and wheel chair access.
- We design 43” hallways that feel wider, less confining, and more comfortable.
- We build our stairs wider – typically 42” wide – for a roomier, more comfortable and less confining stairwell.
- For extra security measures, we ensure an alarm pad is placed in the Master Bedroom and in the garage near the door leading into your home.
- We specifically ensure we minimize the number of steps into the front entry of our homes, and from the garage into the home.
These are just some of the design features we place in our homes. By doing so, we ensure you are able to enjoy your home for a long time. Click on this link :Sonbuilt Aging in Place to download more information on Aging in Place.
Make sure you visit Our Portfolio page and Contact us if you have any questions!